Maintaining your privacy
Groupee Pty Ltd (ACN 613 052 645) (“Groupee”, “us” or “we”) is committed to maintaining the privacy and accuracy of your personal information. We take all reasonable precautions to ensure the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate and current. However, the accuracy of that information depends largely on the information you provide.
Collecting personal information
We will collect certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you, which may include without limitation your name, address, details required to verify your identity (such as drivers licence or passport number), telephone number, mobile number, email address, credit card information, marketing information, and such other information as they be necessary to supply you with products and services (“personal information”).
We may also collect aggregated, non-personal statistical information on App and site visitors such as:
- your server’s address;
- your top-level domain name;
- the date and time of your visit to the site/app;
- the pages you access and the documents downloaded;
- the duration of your visit to the site/app;
- the previous site you have visited; and
- the type of web browser you are using.
Subscription and Registration
Registration (signing-up) for Groupee services is optional. All information provided when registering for Groupee services including name, address, email address, mobile number and answer to certain questions can be viewed, modified or deleted at any time [confirm, together with arrangements to modify e.g. by going to the ‘My Account’ area of the app when you are logged in].
Using personal information
Groupee does not use or disclose your personal information for a purpose other than that for which it was collected, unless such use or disclosure would be reasonably expected, or you give us your consent.
We may also collect personal information about you when you create an account and transact with us. This information would usually be collected for the purpose of giving effect to the relevant transaction, including supplying products and services to you.
Your personal information may also be used to:
- verify your identity;
- make changes to your profile;
- market products, services and special offers to you;
- assist you to subscribe to any promotions we offer or may in the future offer and to manage and administer those services;
- respond to any queries or feedback you may have;
- inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
- research and develop our services;
- maintain and develop our business systems;
- gain a better understanding of your information service requirements; and
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness or fraud.
Disclosing personal information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed to our related companies and non-related entities, such as our service providers that we engage as part of the provision of services to you, including IN.C.C Payments Pty Ltd, Cuscal Limited, Mint Payments Limited, First Data Merchant Solutions Australia Pty Ltd, and related bodies corporate of those entities.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads on our web site/app. These companies may use information (other than personal information or contact details) about your visits to Groupee web site/app to measure advertising effectiveness and to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
Information provided by you in relation to any products we supply to you will be disclosed to the third parties that provide those products. That information will be provided on the basis that it is de-identified and aggregated.
The following third parties may have access to personal information:
- IT technicians may have access when providing on-site support;
- File storage services;
- any payment gateway and PayPal to process your payment transactions.
We will not otherwise disclose information about you unless:
- the disclosure is required or authorised by law; or
- you have consented to our disclosing the information about you.
Links to third party sites
Groupee may contain links to third party sites. Any linked sites are not under our control. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites and do not know whether cookies or other tracking devices are used on these linked sites. We recommend that you review the privacy policies of each site you visit before disclosing your personal information.
Securing your personal information
All personal information held by Groupee is stored on secure servers that are protected in a controlled environment. We also have the following security measures in place to protect your information:
- our offices are also securely locked after hours;
- all staff are required to comply with our Policy & Procedures covering computer usage;
- all our computers are password protected and virus protected;
- our website/app is protected by a firewall; and
- our website/app is securely encrypted using reputable industry standard encryption certificates.
You should be aware however that due to the open nature of the Internet, information exchanged via the Internet may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom the data is intended. If you provide or send us any personal information, it is sent at your own risk. Although we endeavour to keep your personal information secure, Groupee will not be held responsible for any unauthorised access and use of your personal information.
To help us keep your personal information secure, you should at all times keep your login details (username and password that us to login to the Groupee site/app) confidential. If you become aware of unauthorised usage of your login details you should contact us immediately.
Please contact us to find out more about our procedures and policies in relation to the collection, use, disclosure, storage and handling of personal information.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (02) 9211 1349
- Post: Suite 505, 55 Holt Street, Surry Hills, NSW 2010
If you still require further information, then you should contact the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner whose details follow:
- Phone: Privacy Hotline on 1300-363-992; or
- Web: www.privacy.gov.au
- Post: The Federal Privacy Commissioner GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 1042.